As Australia has some of the longest and hottest summers, choosing the best air conditioner to manage cold winters and hot summers can be a huge challenge.
You’ll find yourself asking questions such as: what size would work best for my home? How do I find the right model? What are its noise levels and cooling capacity? How much will it cost to run?
As all of this can become overwhelming in your search, this guide should cover all you need to know when you’re searching for the ideal air conditioner on the Sunshine Coast to make your home the perfect climate.
What types of air conditioner systems are there?
There are numerous types and designs of air conditioners for you to choose from, but you need to make sure it’s the right fit for you and your home. Below are several commonly used air con unit designs that are found in Australia and how they work.
Split system air conditioners
A split system air conditioner releases cold air into the environment and removes the heat. Split systems are usually quieter than other systems since the compressor – where most of the noise comes from – rests outside.
Although they can cool a single room well, they do not have enough power to cool your entire house.
Reverse system air conditioners
A reverse system air conditioner commonly produces both hot and cold air, which is particularly useful to keep your home comfortable throughout any season, and during any time of the year.
Due to this feature, they are slightly more expensive than a pure cooling air conditioner. This would be ideal for your home if you are living in an unpredictable climate and you need to adjust to temperature changes regularly.
Window or wall systems
Although wall or window-mounted systems are not very common today, they are still very dependable to cool single rooms. As this system uses a significant amount of power, they tend to be expensive to run.
Window-mounted systems are also rather large and can be quite noisy when in use.
Why is it important to consider the size of the air conditioner?
The size of the air conditioner you need depends on several factors, such as the size of your house and how much power is used.
So, you need to get an accurate calculation of your needs before purchasing your air conditioner to prevent the following problems:
• The air can become too dry if a model has been run excessively at its maximum output.
• The room temperature can quickly become too hot or too cold if a model is too powerful for the room, which will increase its costs and wear the system unnecessarily.
What other features do I need to keep in mind?
• Fan speeds: It’s usually best to look for a fan with multiple fan speeds as this will ensure that you always have the perfect room temperature.
• Human presence sensor: This feature knows to keep working when it detects a person in the room, and switches to an economically friendly mode to minimise the consumption of power.
• Self-cleaning or air filters: This is a very sophisticated system that removes mould, bacteria, and dust from the air.
At Comfort Solutions, our experienced and professional team can help you buy the best air conditioner on the Sunshine Coast for your home or business.